The Event project Manager is critical to the success of the World Cup 2017.
Experienced, take charge professional with ability to manage administration and logistics in support of the CEO to successfully lead the planning and delivery of the FIL Rathbones Women’s Lacrosse World Cup 2017, Surrey Sports Park, Guildford (RWLC17). The position is for immediate appointment for a 18 month term with a six month probationary period and annual review of the role.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
- Strong leadership and the ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Experience in the organisation of national and / or international events
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Strong diplomacy skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with people at every level of an organisation, both professional and voluntary alike.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, organisational, supervisory, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with financial analysis and budget management.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of international sporting events.
- Ability to handle high pressure and heavy workloads.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexibility for work hours, including a willingness to work extended hours on weekends and during events.
Possession of a degree and/or diploma in a relevant field.
- Proven track record of motivating and leading others in an event based project management role.
- Friendly and willingly offer support and assistance to colleagues and customers.
- Flexible and motivated team member.
- Encourage attitudes and behaviours that respect and value diversity and promote equal opportunities.
- Can deal with the public in a variety of situations.
Project management qualification.
- Leading and monitoring the development and delivery of theRWLC17
- Collaborating with the RWLC17 organising committee to plan and implement the operational requirements related to marketing and communication, sponsorship, event hosting, and social responsibility.
- Preparing and updating the events project plan and key event milestones documents.
- Monitoring the delivery of event operations in collaboration with the organisiing committee and FIL
- Organising and chairing regular coordination meetings and workshops with stakeholders to ensure successful progress of the preparations for the event.
- Developing and managing relationships with Sport and Non-Sport Chairs, sponsors, consultants, suppliers, and other partners.
- Providing support to the organisiing committee and all other stakeholders (sponsors, media) as part of the implementation process of the RWLC17 operations and propose new ideas to improve those processes.
- Working with the CEO in budgeting and controlling the financial aspects of the RWLC17.
- Collaborating with legal to prepare contracts and accompanying documents.
- Coordinating post-event debrief procedures and preparing event debrief reports.
- Developing reports and/or presentations for relevant meetings
- Preparing management reports and updating databases.
- Participating in strategic review work related to the event
Competition and Event Operations
- Coordinating with participating event contingents all the competition aspects of the event and provide RWLC17 partners with related documents (i.e. sports programs, competition schedules, sports technical tables).
- Preparing and updating events regulations, technical guidelines, templates, manuals, and checklists.
- Supervising event logistics (registration, accreditation, transportation and accommodations), VIP programs, protocol, ceremonies, entertainment, and cultural programs, both before the Games and during the event.
- Providing general on-site coordination during the event.
Advertising and Promotion
Working with EL Marketing Manager:
- Ensuring effective and frequent communication among stakeholders.
- Proposing new ideas to create benefits for RWLC17 stakeholders (host communities, sponsors, media).
Writing promotional text for RWLC17 newsletter, website, and other media.