An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chair of the Board of Directors to join English Lacrosse. English Lacrosse is the national governing body for Lacrosse in England. Over the last decade English Lacrosse has experienced an unprecedented period of growth (450% increase in membership), which is presenting exciting challenges and opportunities for the sport. In addition to the recent increases in participation, England has successfully bid to host the 2017 Women’s and 2018 Men’s World Cups providing an added focus for the sport in the coming years. ELA is a company limited by guarantee with its shareholders being affiliated community clubs. Your engagement will be on average one day per month. Term of office is 3 years to start in August 2016.
Type of contract: Volunteer, expenses paid
The Chair will lead the implementation and delivery of the 2016 -2020 business plan “Delivering More”. The Chair will also be responsible for the effective operation of the Board, driving the vision, strategy and policies of English Lacrosse. More detailed information can be found in the recruitment pack.
English Lacrosse has a board of up to ten members led by the Chair. The Board has overall responsibility for the performance of English Lacrosse and concerns itself with leading the organisation, focusing on strategy, governance, finance and oversight of delivery.
We are looking for candidates with commitment to English Lacrosse’s vision, mission and values and to the sport in general.
Specific experience and skills should include:
1. Proven track record of leading the development of a Small Medium Enterprise (SME)
2. Dynamic and innovative thinking to lead a culture of change management to support the organisational and behavioural change agenda for English Lacrosse
3. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills to lead the Board and provide strategic leadership, chairmanship and negotiation.
4. Excellent communication skills driving effective teamwork and diplomacy with stakeholders at all levels
5. Strong financial and budgetary control combined with an understanding and observance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a Chair of a not-for-profit organisation.
6. Commitment to the development of the sport and credibility and respect as a leader within the sports sector.
7. Demonstrable independence, impartiality and integrity working in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
8. Experience of recruitment, development and maintenance of a diverse Board membership
Equalities Monitoring Form please complete and submit with your cv