The University of Leicester Women’s Lacrosse team are seeking to acquire two coaches for their first and second team for the 2016-17 season. Our first team girls range in skill level from a 2A division standard to regional level players and having now won the conference cup for their division are strongly pushing to achieve promotion to the 1A league.
Our second team is made up of girls who have 1-2 years of experience playing and have been entered into BUCS for the upcoming season.
Training sessions run on a Tuesday 20.30-22.00 and on a Saturday 10.00-11.30. Both are run on university facilities which are about 15 minutes away from the university campus:
The Roger Bettles Sports Centre – LE2 2LL (Tuesdays)
Stoughton Road Playing Fields – LE2 4FP (Saturdays).
Two coached sessions a week and attendance at some home matches would be desirable, but at least one coached training session per week is expected.
The First Team are looking for:
– A coach that can build on our achievements this season and develop/ manage the Women’s programme
– Preferably a Level 2 Coaching qualification
– Strong knowledge of the sport enabling the ability to plan and run training sessions effectively
– Commitment to the team from September-December and January-March
The Second Team are looking for:
– At least a level 1 coaching qualification (level 2 desirable but not essential)
– Strong knowledge of the game and ability to plan training sessions
– A coach able to support players who haven’t been playing for very long, and teaching the team set plays
– 1 session a week, although a second session could be negotiated in the future
– Commitment from September-December and January-March