As of June 2017 English Lacrosse will be offering online learning as an alternative to face-to-face delivery of level 1 coaching courses.
The online course will be hosted via the Moodle platform with learners receiving access to course materials and an online forum monitored by qualified tutors and assessors.
Learners will be able to book onto scheduled days for the practical assessment section in order to complete their qualification.
The English Lacrosse Level 1 coaching course is a vocational qualification which will prepare the learner for employment (voluntary or paid). The academic equivalent would be GCSE level.
What will I learn from the course?
• How to communicate with players
• How to set up a safe practical session (including Health & Safety)
• An introduction to how people learn
• An awareness of individual skills, techniques, basic tactics and fun games
• An introduction to different styles of coaching
• How to deliver a section of a planned practice section
• 16 years or older on day of certification
What do I need to do to complete the course?
• Complete coaching theory home study pack on Moodle learning platform
• Online Seminar
• Create three Session plans signed off by qualified coach or teacher
• 1-day visual assessment day with feedback and action plan from assessor
Does it count towards a coaching course if I decide to go further?
• Yes, it is a prerequisite for a Level 2 Certificate in coaching lacrosse
• Registered Individuals with English Lacrosse – £95
• Non-registered Individuals – £125