English Lacrosse are excited to announce that the second annual National Lacrosse Day #NatLaxDay16 will take place on Saturday 17th September 2016. The National Lacrosse Day will present all Clubs with the opportunity to run a local recruitment day, accessing National support.
What is the National Lacrosse Day?
Lacrosse has experienced a steady growth in participation and community clubs since 2009. This has largely been as a result of the increased investment and engagement with the Higher Education (HE) sector. This growth in turn has led to increased numbers of community clubs and teams (38% since 2009) that participate in English Lacrosse leagues. The community clubs that have also run introductory programmes have had similar results. The National Lacrosse Day will provide investment and support one of English Lacrosse’s key strategic priorities by: ensuring more people are participating more often = higher profile for the sport.
What benefit will it provide to my club?
The delivery of a National Lacrosse Day will assist clubs in modernising their approach to recruitment and the playing offers for attracting new participants and former players by:
- Pre- season goal setting for clubs and delivery programmes to achieve them.
- Improved sign-posting players from university and school into clubs.
- Greater awareness of recruitment opportunities for community lacrosse clubs.
- Delivery of more flexible playing opportunities in community clubs.
- Increased volunteer workforce in community clubs.
- Raised profile of lacrosse and lacrosse events in the National Press and other media
Register your interest for National Lacrosse Day 2016