As we approach the end of 2016, we thought we would give an update about Individual Registration to let you know how the new system is going, and new developments moving into 2017.
EL Individual Registration Update
On 1st September, EL launched its new registration programme. The introduction of the programme has been a great success and the monies raised have enabled the National Lacrosse Committee (NLC) to provide additional financial resource to regions, which are currently assisting in:
- the development of new competitions;
- subsidising costs for volunteers to complete coaching and officiating courses;
- the establishment of new clubs and teams with small grants.
The programme has also provided coaches, officials and players with improved insurance cover and EL is currently working with other partners to provide more member benefits, which will be introduced over the coming months.
As with all new programmes, they do take time to establish, and NLC has been working with regions to ensure that all participants become registered. Therefore, starting from 7th January, all leagues will be fully implementing systems for checking registrations. Regional and/or League representatives will be in contact with clubs to inform them of how registrations will be checked.
It is the responsibility of all who take part in our competitions to keep our game safe, and that all individuals who are required to be registered, do so, so that they are insured. Any person who cannot prove they are registered should not be allowed to coach, officiate or play in any EL sanctioned competitions as identified by NLC. These include:
- EL Regional Leagues (senior & junior);
- EL Regional Junior Fixtures and Tournaments (The bottom age limit for club participants will be those still in primary education (year 6 and below) as of the start of the 2016-17 season. Participants in Year 7 and above will need to register to compete in lacrosse fixtures and tournaments.
- Flags North/South;
- Academy Male/Female;
- Manchester Challenge;
- Club Championship;
- Regional competition (senior/junior);
- County competition (senior/junior);
- International Representation;
- Mixed Lacrosse;
- Lacrosse Camps;
- Autumn 8s;
- Super League;
- British Nationals;
- Home Internationals.
Thank you to everyone who has registered and been part of the successful introduction of the EL player registration programme, we appreciate and value your support. We look forward to working with you to develop the programme in the future and welcome any feedback and suggestions to ensure it meets your needs.
Finally, we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and all the best for 2017!