Lead Official: Level 2
The lead official is the standard of official that EL is looking for all matches to have. All clubs should seek support to develop a team of officials to enable all matches to be overseen by at least one lead official on the pitch.
Summary of the Role
- Officiating lead at U19 or club game.
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules.
- Understand the theory “judgment to your decisions”.
- Develop and maintain own ability to apply rules/laws within the spirit of the sport/activity.
- Contribute to the health, safety and protection of participants and others during the sport/activity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as an official.
- Apply rules/laws during performance.
- Handle and communicate information as an official.
- 18 years or older on day of certification
- Must have Level 1 or meet RPL minimum standards
Duration of Course
- 1 day plus tournament / match assessment
What do I get?
- Officiating Pack
– Hard copy rule book (women’s only)
– Cards (women’s)
– Supporting videos
– Log book
What do I have to do to complete the course?
- Pass rules test
- 3 competency feedback forms
- Visual assessment
- 1:2:1 feedback during a tournament or match
What does it let me do?
- Be the lead official in U19, all BUCS or club league fixtures
• Registered Individuals with English Lacrosse – £50
• Non-registered Individuals – £80
**individuals who are not registered will not be insured through English Lacrosse’s insurance policy. As of September 1st all coaches, players and officials who partake in EL leagues, tournaments and events must be registered.
To find out more about registration please CLICK HERE
Level 1 Umpire – Moreton Hall School. Wednesday June 22nd – BOOK HERE
Level 1 Referee – UEA. Saturday 5th November – BOOK HERE