The head Official is a role that is fundamental to delivering a high quality 3 officiating team. The person will oversee many sections of pre and post- match coordination. EL is looking to have Head Officials in place for key identified matches and tournaments. Both the women’s and men’s will coordinate a list of those competitive events that require a Head Official or higher.
- Officiating lead at inter-regional or national events
- Accurately apply rules/laws and their interpretation during performance
- Continuously develop and maintain own ability to apply rules/laws/regulations and their interpretation consistently within the spirit of the sport/activity
- Demonstrate application of “judgment to your decisions”.
- Demonstrate understanding of managing challenging behaviour.
- Demonstrate understanding of managing players, coaches and spectators.
- Contribute to the health and safety of the competition environment
- Contribute to the health and safety of competitors and others during competition
- Contribute to safeguarding young and vulnerable competitors
- Establish and maintain working relationships with co-officials and support staff
- Establish and maintain relationships with competitors and competitor representatives
- Develop other officials in their role
- Identify and maintain the regulations and structure of a competition
- Evaluate the quality of competitions and communication of judgements consistently
- Establish and maintain relationships with the media.
- Game/player/ coach management
- Developing personal presence
- High level rules interpretation, call judgement
- Coordinating an officiating team
How do I complete the course
- Annual high level workshop and rules review
- Pass annual rules test
- Visual assessment
- 1:2:1 feedback during tournament / match