Bath 8s Poster 2014
Venue: Bath Recreation Ground, William St (off Great Pulteney St.) BA2 4DE
Eligibility See Policy Statement
All competitors must be age 16 or over and must be registered with their national governing body.
Entry Fee: £100 per team – payable in advance
Enquiries Contact: Kaoru Jacques: 01249 782108, 07973 105379, 5 Fosse Farm Barns, Nettleton, Chippenham, Wilts, SN14 7NJ email@example.com
Booking Complete: and return booking slip, enclosing a cheque for £100.
Please note: Bookings are on a strictly “First paid first served basis”.
It is usually the case that more teams want to compete in this event than we can accommodate. In order to give everyone a fair opportunity, bookings will be taken in two phases –
Phase One (up to 14th April)
We will accept one team only from Clubs (and established “irregulars“ – Exiles, Coffin Dodgers, Military etc).
Phase Two (from 14th April)
From 14th April, if we are not fully booked by then, we will accept applications from other teams (Club second teams etc) subject to the usual Eligibility Policy. Any Phase Two applications received before 14th April will be stock-piled in order of receipt. If you are wanting to book two teams from your Club and are applying before 14th April, could you please send separate cheques – it makes things easier for us.
Confirmation of booking and further details will be sent either on receipt or on 14th April for “stock piled” applications.
POLICY STATEMENT ON TEAM ELIGIBILITY
This lacrosse event is organized and run for the primary purpose of enabling lacrosse players throughout the country to participate in friendly and open competition. It is intended that the better teams should each have a realistic opportunity, without undue bias, of winning whatever awards there may be.
In general, though not exclusively, it is intended that teams entering this event should represent clubs within the ELA. In practice, however, it is not possible to create eligibility criteria for teams that would be both workable in practice and also within the spirit of the event. As far as is reasonably possible, organizers will accept entries from teams from as wide a range as possible, where this does not conflict with the spirit of the event. Organizers, however, will not accept entries from teams which they consider to be unduly or unfairly biased in their composition.
Examples of teams which may be considered ineligible because of their composition (though this list may not be exhaustive) may be -1) Club teams, heavily or unfairly loaded with invited players.
1) Non-Club “Superteams” whose composition gives them an unfair advantage over the better club teams.
2) Teams representing private or commercial companies.
Examples of teams which may be considered eligible by virtue of falling within the spirit of the event (though this list may not be exhaustive) may be –
1) Bona Fide club teams from within the ELA.
2) Non-Club “fun” teams whose composition does not give them an unfair advantage.
3) Foreign teams who are no better than the better club teams.
4) Composition teams from smaller clubs who would not be able to field a full team on their own.
5) Club teams with a small number of invited players, where those players do not belong to club teams in the event, and where this does not lead to an unfair advantage.
6) Teams who need to “borrow” players (usually goalkeepers) from other teams in order to fulfill their complement.
7) Teams who need to “borrow” players because their number has been depleted through injury in the event, and where this does not lead to an unfair advantage.
Entries from teams into this event will be considered in the light of this statement, but any final decision will rest with the event organizers.
Bath Lacrosse Club Executive Committee: 5/3/92
Amended : 17/12/12